- human. don't you know how to greet a new pal?
: - First words from Sans
[ARTICLE CONTAINS SPOILERS OF UNDERTALE. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK]
Alias/Aka(also known as): Papyrus' brother
Classification: Skeleton, Time Traveller, Guard of Snowdin, Hotland and much more
Age: Unknown, above his 20s (he is older than Papyrus who is born in 1995, the game takes place in 201X)
Powers and abilities: Soul Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Space Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Data Manipulation
Physical strength: Sub-Human (described as 'the weakest monster of the Underground', has the lowest stats among every monster, is incredibly lazy, finds tiring lifting a sock)
Destructive capacity: Universe+ level by sheer hax (manages to kill your character on the Genocide several times, who can potentially kill the entire universe, even Flowey says Sans caused him 'his fair share of resets'), attacks bypass durability
Speed: Sub-Human travel Speed by feet, umeasurable through time travels, FTL+ in reaction speed (easily able to dodge every single attack from the main character until he falls asleep in the middle of the fight) and attack speed. Has shown to be able to have multiple jobs at once and is able to prank people through space time
Intelligence: Is easily able to figure out the power of SAVE and reset, is implied to have studied the game's data and is fully aware of game mechanics, calls out the player if they try to hack the game in a special ending. He is also very observant, and his lines and actions change the most through the path and the way of playing the game. He knows the number of times he had defeated the player and what he did in previous runs.
Stamina: Low (he is incredibly lazy)
Standard equipment: Unknown, possibly some device allowing him to time travel, Gaster Blasters duing his boss fight
Weaknesses: Lazy and weak
Notable Powers And Techniques:
- His attacks, while they deal only one, ignore invincibility frames, therefore he actually attacks multiple times per milliseconds. The games states the attack is a karmic retribution of your action
- He can attack you in your menu and write sentences to distract you
- Save and Reset at different moments of the fight
- Is the only monster who outright dodges your attacks
- His Special Attack is him doing nothing, therefore his turn never ends, forcing you to wait forever before he attacks.
- geeetttt dunked on